We aim to be as clear as possible about how and why we use personal information about you
Here at Techlan LTD as your trusted provider, we’re committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy in everything we do. This Policy lets you know what data we may collect about you, how we use it and gives you information about your rights and how you can get in touch with us.
This policy covers the use of our main website, how we manage our direct marketing activities, how we handle your information when you contact us through our customer care teams and other core uses of your data that help us improve what we do. Our different products and services have additional policies that can be found in the sections below.
What Information we collect about you:
We collect name and contact details (such as email, address and telephone number) when you submit an on line form, when requesting a quote or because you purchased a product or service from Techlan LTD. We may also collect opinions or additional data about you that you have added into the free text area in forms, through any resulting correspondence with our customer care teams, phone calls or through surveys.
When visiting this website, we collect your IP address, data showing when you visited, which pages you looked at, information about your operating system, device and browser version. This data is gathered using commonly used tools such as cookies and web beacons.
Techlan LTD compares information about you in our database with external sources and enriches the data we hold about you. This helps us tailor our communications with you and helps us only offer products and services that you would be interested in, if you have chosen to receive marketing. It also informs us of some changes, for example when email addresses are no longer valid or mail has been returned, so that we can stop sending marketing.
Why we collect personal information about you and what we do with it?
Where we have an obligation as a provider Techlan LTD products and services (for the ‘performance of a contract’)
- To provide you with the product or service that you have purchased from us. Please see individual Privacy Policies for more details about what this means.
Where we have your permission (‘consent’)
- To provide you with news about exciting offers and deals that we think will be interesting to you. We will only contact you in the ways you have given us permission to do so. You can change your mind at any time by completing a contact form or by calling 01792 366999. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Techlan LTD, 1 Upper Castle View, Blackpill, Swansea, SA3 5BY
Where we have a justifiable reason (‘legitimate interests’)
- To enhance or improve your experience with us. This may mean that we learn about your preferences and habits and then tailor our communications with you to make sure that what we send is relevant to you (‘profiling’).
- To put your information together with other customers data and external non personal information so that we better understand our market through analysis and segmentation to ensure that we keep offering competitive products and services and improve our website.
- To send you marketing materials where we can demonstrate a relationship with you and you have not told us that you do not want to receive these.
- To maintain our list of people who have asked not to receive direct marketing material from us.
- To help keep our website safe and secure.
- To allow our internal business processes to function- for example transacting with our partners, carrying out audits, producing management information and dealing with complaints.
- To undertake market research.
- To request feedback on our performance.
- To help prevent fraud and maintain security.
- To assist in training, quality assurance and compliance.
Where we have to do something by law (‘legal obligation’)
- To ensure that your rights are met under the UK Data Protection Act.
- To meet our obligations with law enforcement agencies, courts and other organisations.
- To comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
In exceptional circumstances (‘vital interests’)
- We may use your information in rare situations where vital interests of yourself or another person needs protecting, for example, to trace a missing person or if someone’s life could be in danger.
Who we share your information with?
We do not sell your information to anyone and only pass it to our trusted partners and service providers who work with us to run our business. See individual privacy policies for more product specific details.
We may pass your information to:
- Service providers who work for us such as marketing agencies, marketing survey sites and website hosts.
- Our subsidiary companies who work for us in providing services.
- Regulatory bodies, courts and law enforcement agencies.
- Our partner companies to supply products or services and where there is a complaint or query.
How long do we keep your personal information?
How long we keep your personal information depends on why we have it and what we’re doing with it.
- We keep records of any dealings you have with us or our partner companies for up to six years after the last contact. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that may arise.
- We will keep other personal information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
- Data collected from using the website such as IP address is held until the indivudual unsubcribes or requests to be removed.
Your Rights and Choices
Direct Marketing: You have the right to object to direct marketing. This is done by completing a contact form or by calling01792 366999. You can also send an email to email@example.com or write to Techlan LTD, 1 Upper Castle View, Blackpill, Swansea, SA3 5BY
Consent: Where we use your information on this basis, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
Access: You can request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you and other data relating to how we use your information by contacting our Information Rights Team.
Correction (‘Right to Rectification’): We always want to use the most up to date information about you so please get in touch if you think we don’t have that.
Deletion (‘Right to be Forgotten’): In some circumstances, including where we are relying on your consent to use your data, you have a right to request us to delete your information.
‘Right to Portability’: If we have collected your data because you have given us consent, or because we need it in order to provide you with a product or service (under a contract), you have the right to receive the information you gave to us back in a ‘machine-readable’ format.
‘Right to Object’ and ‘Right to restriction of processing’: If we are using your data for activities under the ‘legitimate interest’ justification and in other circumstances, then you have a right to request restriction of processing and also a right to object to that processing.
Right to obtain human intervention where automated processing has taken place where consent has been given or under a contract and where the processing has a legal or similarly significant effect.
Complain: you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you think that our use of your information doesn’t meet the law. For more information, visit the ICO website.
For further information about our privacy practices and to request any of these rights then please contact our Information Rights Team. To contact the team, you can:
- Write in: Techlan LTD, 1 Upper Castle View, Blackpill, Swansea, SA3 5BY
Keeping your personal information secure
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We've implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and offline, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
We will take all reasonable and proportionate steps to protect your personal information.